If you live in the UK (United Kingdom), blocked Kodi streams in Covenant, Elysium, Specto by your ISP are causing no streams available in Kodi addons.
Do you live in the UK and are frustrated by no HD streams in popular Kodi addons such as Covenant, Elysium, Specto, and other multi-source addons? Lately on social media, we’ve heard from more followers frustrated by the lack of links in certain Kodi addons. These followers are quick to blame the Kodi addons, but the true fault for blocked Kodi content lies right in your own home network.
Multi-source Kodi addons have built-in scrapers which scan specific websites for media streams. Kodi addons don’t store or host any content themselves and only search public websites on the internet. These addons, such as Covenant, Elysium, Specto, Exodus, and Genesis, all use the same or similar scraper lists.
We’ve done a deep look into blocked Kodi streams by UK internet service providers and the results are surprising.
The United Kingdom is one of the most vigilant countries over media streams it perceives to be illegal. Internet Service Providers have the ability to block or filter websites so that you can’t reach them. This also applies to Kodi addons as well. If Kodi tries to access and scrape a website that is blocked, it immediately moves to the next site in the list and you’ll never receive a response from this blocked Kodi site.
We used the website Blocked.org.uk to manually test every single scraper address in Exodus. The website tests each link from the 9 most popular UK ISPs: AAISP, BT, EE, O2, PlusNet, Sky, TalkTalk, Uno, and Vodafone. We’ve compiled the list of blocked Kodi scrapers in the UK below, but some of the facts are staggering:
- Out of 60 websites tested, 43 sites are inaccessible by at least one ISP.
- BT, the UK’s biggest service provider, could not reach 31 out of 60 scrapers by default.
- Sky, the UK’s second biggest ISP, blocks 34 out of 60 websites by default.
- BT and Sky Kodi users, which make up over 75% of the United Kingdom, are missing out on over half the possible streaming links they could be seeing.
- Only 18 out of 60 scrapers have absolutely no blocked Kodi restrictions from any UK ISP. Many of these websites are less popular, newer, or smaller in the content they provide verses ones that are blocked.
- We queried a popular title in Covenant and found that out of 342 links returned, the most popular site giving content was Onseries, followed by Primewire, Dayt, and MoviesHD. Using the table below, 75% of UK Kodi users are not even seeing Onseries by default. Sky users are not seeing ANY of these links.
Kodi scrapers often go down and require code changes. If you are limited in the content you see already, each scraper that goes down further limits what you see.
So, what can you do to see this blocked Kodi content?
Blocked Kodi Content Access for UK ISPs
- If you are a Sky user, disable your Shield settings. Sky Shield “protects” your home against the internet according to Sky. In reality, Shield allows Sky to filter out websites it perceives as bad. Click here to read our guide on how to disable Sky Shield.
- If you are a BT user, change your BT Parental Controls level down to Light. Like Sky, BT filters out what you see on the internet by default. Click here to read our guide on how to change your BT Parental Controls settings.
- Hide behind a VPN. A VPN will make your network appear as if it is from another country and another ISP. Simply connect to a country that doesn’t give you blocked Kodi access and you will see more links in Kodi again. Click here to sign up for a VPN with a 25% discount (53% off for one year). Here are some more helpful links and information:
- Switch internet service providers. This may not be possible for many users, but AAISP and EE did not give us any blocked Kodi content in our testing below.
Note that this fix is supplemental to other basic tips about streaming on Kodi. To ensure that you maximize your chances of finding information, make sure that:
- You have the latest version of Kodi (and at minimum, Kodi 17+)
- You have the latest version of your addon
- You have the latest version of URLResolver, NaN Scrapers, or whatever other backend dependencies your addons use
- You manually installed each addon yourself. Installing builds increases the chances your addons are installed incorrectly and are causing blocked Kodi content.
- The content you are searching for is available on the internet. The older the content, the more chance it is obsolete.
Streaming Websites Blocked Kodi UK ISP Report
NOTE: Sky blocked Kodi testing above was performed with the default Sky security settings.
BT results labelled as “Strict” only apply to the BT Strict firewall settings.
AAISP and EE did not block any of the websites we tested.
The post Blocked Kodi Streams By UK ISPs in Covenant, Elysium, More appeared first on Kodi Tips.