The Sportie Kodi addon provides live sports from a variety of sources and has turned into one of the most promising Kodi live sports options available.
August 28th: Sportie has returned with version 2.0. Check out everything the Sportie Kodi addon has to offer below. It is located in the Colossus Repository. Expect more updates in the future to fix some of the scrapers in the addon, but this release reintroduces Sportie and sets up the menus for future success.
The Sportie Kodi addon is worth a check for live sports, especially with the lack of updates from both Castaway and Pro Sport in 2017. Sports are popular in Kodi, so more selection can be a good thing.
After installing Sportie, you’ll see the following options in the Settings you can configure:
Sportie Kodi Settings
- “Check if RTMP services are enabled?” – Sportie is recommended for Kodi 17+ only and the addon makes sure your RTMP services are enabled by default. RTMP is a protocol for decoding and playing live streams in Kodi and is mandatory. With this option enabled, you’ll see a button appear at the top of the addon you can click to enable RTMP if it is not.
- “Check Live TV links are alive before displaying?” – With this option enabled, Sportie will make sure links are alive before displaying them. This may slow down your addon, but should increase the reliability of what you find inside of it.
After you configure your settings, check out some of the features inside of the Sportie Kodi addon.
Sportie Kodi Features
- Live IPTV channels split out into a sports category (updated each time you enter the playlist) and then by country
- Soccer (European Football) streams and replays
- Live sports website scrapers (similar to SportsDevil)
- Reddit sports streams
For those fans of Pro Sport, the Reddit live streams should be a popular option and we highly recommend.
Interested in trying out the Sportie Kodi addon? Follow our guide below:
How to Install Sportie Kodi Addon
This addon is a third-party Kodi addon not supported by the Kodi Foundation. Though Kodi add-ons don’t story any files or host any content, streams from this addon are scraped from websites that fall in a grey legal area.
Because it is not legal to stream this content in every country and location, we are not posting a how-to guide on this website. We believe that this is the safest move for KodiTips.com because we know that there are parties looking to crack down on websites promoting piracy and we are not one of those.
KodiTips.com has plenty of add-on installation guides for things that are completely legal and we encourage you to check out our home page for more information.